Teeth whitening is the process of removing stains from the teeth to brighten the appearance of your teeth. Three standard methods of teeth whitening are teeth polishing, teeth bleaching, and micro abrasion.
- Teeth polishing is a very simple process with slight surface polishing. The procedure is done using a combination of a slow-speed handpiece and a special stain removing polish.You should have this done every 6 months.
- Teeth bleaching uses a strong oxidizing agent to lighten the teeth such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. It can be done at a dental clinic with a more concentrated solution and special bleaching light or laser, or at home using a customized tray with a less concentrated bleaching gel.
- Micro abrasion is the process of rubbing a special concentrated stain-removing compound onto the teeth.
Before & After of teeth whitening at our dental center
LASER TEETH WHITENING: We use a special teeth whitening procedure include teeth cleaning, polishing and then laser teeth whitening to remove all stained and dark spots on your teeth. You will get a bright smile after 2 hours. In our dental central, we use Phillip Laser Zoom, the No.1 patient-requested professional whitening brand in the US. You can also use teeth whitening pack at home. Our doctor will give you directions to do it at home on your own.
MAINTAINING WHITE TEETH
- Brush your teeth carefully with whitening toothpaste after every meal;
- Avoid dark color foods such as: coffee, tea, red wine…which can easy stain your teeth. Using a straw helps the liquid to bypass your teeth, to maintain whiteness;
- Refrain from smoking; smoking is a major cause of discoloration and continuing the habit quickly stains your whitened teeth.
For more information please contact:
DR HUNG & ASSOCIATES DENTAL CENTER