1800 823 058
Your porcelain veneers in Vietnam are only as strong as the teeth they are adhered to, and protecting your natural teeth is part of insuring the long life of your porcelain veneers. The porcelain won’t decay, but the other parts of the tooth will, that are not covered by the veneer. And the gums need that care too, to prevent them from receding. The veneer ends right at the gum line, so any gum recession will create a gap and spoil the effect of the porcelain veneers. After having the porcelain veneer, you need to follow these instructions:
- Do not rip or tear with your teeth, such as biting nails or opening bags.
- Avoid biting on ice, nuts and other hard items.
- Avoid movement that twists or pulls veneers away from the natural part of the tooth.
- If you grind your teeth, wear mouth guard every night.
- Floss and brush regularly.
- Most all crowns and bridges have a ceramic outer layer or are all-ceramic. These materials are very strong, however they still have potential to fracture the same as a natural tooth. As a rule of thumb, don’t do anything with a crown or bridge that could damage a natural tooth.
- Fixed bridges require addition cleaning under the pontic (missing tooth). Since this “False tooth” is connected to the adjacent teeth a bridge threader is used to thread floss under it to remove plaque. These are readily available at most pharmacies.
- Visit your dentist for check-up and cleaning every six months (please send us record of these visits so we have it for our file). To maintain long lasting results, it’s best that you come back for a check-up and X-ray at our hospital once a year, because we have the right tools and technology for proper check-up and cleaning.