1800 823 058
HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SNORING
Many adults suffer from snoring, which significantly impacts their quality of life as well as their partner’s quality of life. According to WEBMD, “habitual snorers can be at risk for serious health problems, including obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea creates several problems, including:
- Long interruptions of breathing (more than 10 seconds) during sleep caused by partial or total obstruction or blockage of the airway.
- Frequent waking from sleep, even though you may not realize it.
- Light sleeping. People with obstructive sleep apnea might sleep lightly as their body tries to keep their throat muscles tense enough to maintain airflow.
- Strain on the heart. Prolonged suffering from obstructive sleep apnea often results in higher blood pressure and may cause enlargement of the heart, with higher risks of heart attack and stroke.
- Poor night’s sleep. This leads to drowsiness during the day and can interfere with your quality of life.
Low oxygen levels in the blood. This can lead to constricted blood vessels in the lungs and eventually pulmonary hypertension.
- Chronic headaches.
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue.”
TRADITIONAL TREATMENTS IN VIETNAM
Traditionally, there are several treatment options available:
- Oral appliances: Oral appliances are form-fitting dental mouthpieces that help advance the position of your jaw, tongue and soft palate to keep your air passage open. While this is the easiest way to treat snoring, some people find it’s uncomfortable to wear an oral appliance when they sleep. Edentulous patients and patients with TMJ cannot wear oral appliances. Please contact us to determine whether oral appliance is a suitable treatment for you.
- Nasal CPAP machine: This machine delivers pressurized oxygen through a nasal mask to limit obstruction at night. Although CPAP is an effective method of treating sleep apnea, wearing a nasal CPAP machine when you sleep could be uncomfortable.
- Surgery: One of the surgical options is an uvulo-palato-pharyngo-plasty (UPPP), which is performed in the back of the soft palate and throat. A similar procedure is sometimes done with the assistance of a laser and is called a laser assisted uvulo-palato-plasty (LAUPP). In other cases, a radio-frequency probe is utilized to tighten the soft palate. These procedures are usually performed under light IV sedation in the office. In more complex cases, the bones of the upper and lower jaw may be re-positioned to increase the size of the airway (orthognathic surgery). This procedure is done in the hospital under general anesthesia and requires a one to two day overnight stay in the hospital.
MODERN SNORING TREATMENT IN VIETNAM
At Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center (now Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center), we always invest in the latest technology to provide our customers with the best treatment. While we do offer Oral Appliances for mild to moderate snoring cases, we also offer a high-tech option that produces real results without the drawbacks of traditional treatments, called Nightlase®.
“Nightlase® treatment is a patented, fast, non-surgical and virtually painless way of increasing the quality of your and your partner’s sleep. Nightlase® lessens the effects of obstructive sleep apnea and decreases the amplitude of snoring through the use of gentle, superficial laser light.”
The Fotona Laser Nightlase® patented system was specifically developed for the reduction and control of snoring and sleep apnea disorders. This non-invasive, miracle technology uses laser beam pulsations which allow safe and effective levels of heat to penetrate the sensitive oral mucosa tissues in your mouth. The process produces a tightening, rejuvenating effect caused by the contraction of collagen in the area of the soft palate and hyoid bone. This essentially enables the movement of oxygen to flow more freely in that area, which stops your snoring. Hence, the profound reduction in the level of audible disturbance provides a vastly improved night’s sleep and significant relief for sleep apnea sufferers and their partners.
Most people who have used the Fotona Laser System have found it to be a simple, safe, relaxing and effective remedy to their snoring and sleep problems. Furthermore, no headgear, mouthpiece or other uncomfortable apparatus is required to be worn and the treatment is completely free of toxic chemicals or medications. Most sleep apnea sufferers who’ve been treated claim the Fotona Laser process was virtually pain free, and basically experienced no adverse effects. Dr. Hung (the founder of our hospital) himself has received the Nightlase® treatment and he has seen wonderful results. He now snores less and his snoring is more quiet.
The stiffness of soft tissue in the palate distributes to open the airway. Therefore, the patient can breathe more easily with less snoring.
The non-invasive Fotona Laser Nightlase® treatment can be easily applied for most snoring or sleep apnea cases by your doctor in 15 – 25 minutes. To be fully effective you should plan to receive 3 sessions over a 6 – 8 week period. The positive results of the treatment have been known to last up to a year, after which the treatment process can be safely repeated.
Historical studies have verified that recipients realized positive results after their very first treatment. More impressive results, like a significant reduction in snoring and sleep deprivation are typically seen after the 2nd Nightlase® treatment.
WHY CHOOSE US IN VIETNAM?
At Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center, we have a team of experienced specialists and staff. Combined with state-of-the-art facilities and latest technology, our team will provide you with the best and most comfortable treatment. We have treated many customers from all around the world and have received many 5-star testimonials from our customers.
The cost for Nightlase® treatment in our hospital is a lot less than in the developed country with the same machine or treatment method. At our hospital, Nightlase® treatment only costs around $500 – $1100, depending on the frequency of the treatment. To maintain the result, you should consider coming back to the hospital for touch up visits every year; we will give you a 50% discount for touch up. Touch-ups are typically only 1-2 visits within less than a week.
We also provide full range of dental services, under American-standards with 1/4th the cost. So you can combine anti-snoring treatment with any other dental treatments you might need, while travelling here in our beautiful country.
What are you waiting for, contact us today to inquire about Nightlase® treatment and improve the quality of your life.